Trump Re-election, Voters say

0
111

American voters think that President Donald Trump is going to be re-elected this November. A poll from Monmouth University was released last Tuesday.

The survey, undertaken February 6-9, 2020, among 827 authorized voters, indicated that almost all, 66 %, believe Trump will “definitely” or “probably” be re-elected in November, whereas 28 percent state he will “definitely” or “probably” lose.

From February 6, 2020. to 9.

827 valid voters resulted in a bulk of 66%, stated that the present President really should be re-elected in November. However, a small percentage of 27% considered Donald Trump to lose.

A surge of certainty is fueling the Republicans, with 59% indicating that the President's re-election is “solid” and 34% stating it's “a possibility” in a total of 93%. However, the Democrats think that their candidate will ” defeat” Trump with a staggering 11%

“On the other side of the coin, 38% of Democrats believe it is more inclined than not that Trump will win another term. Just 4% of Republicans feel Trump will lose to the Democrat,” Monmouth reported. While the bulk of registered voters believe Trump will win in November, 55 percent think it is time for someone else to take office, while 42 percent say Trump should be re-elected.

Monmouth University Polling Institute director Patrick Murray cited:

While most people want to see, Trump leaves of office, his steady ratings during the whole impeachment procedure and recollections of how 2016 turned out to claim that few are willing to bet against him.

The survey also discovered that more Americans are energized towards this presidential election cycle than they were in 2016:

Currently, 39% of American voters say they feel more excited than usual about the 2020 election, 21% say they are less passionate, and 40% say they think about the same degree of enthusiasm as they have in past elections. In August 2016, 21% were more enthusiastic, 46% less enthusiastic, and 31% about the same.

Every group feels more enthusiastic than they did 4yrs. ago, including Republicans (47% more enthusiastic now versus 32% in 2016), Democrats (36% now against 20% in 2016), and independents (34% now versus 15% in 2016).

“Enthusiasm is up compared to 2016, but optimism has split along party lines. These conflicting findings in public opinion seem to reflect the muddled state of the race on the Democratic side right now,” said Murray. The poll's margin of error is +/- 3.4 percentage points.

The survey also asked a subset of 357 Democrat and Democrat-leaning people to select their very first choice candidate among the Democrats in the current major field. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) takes pleasure in a double-digit lead, with 26 % support to Joe Biden's (D) 16 percent support — a 14 point drop from the 30 percent support the former vice president saw in January. Pete Buttigieg (D) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) strapped for third place with 13 percent support each, and Michael Bloomberg (D) followed closely behind with 11 percent support. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Andrew Yang (D) followed by six percent and four percent, respectively. The margin of error is +/- 5.2 percent.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.